Basic Design Service
Through The CCTV Advisory Service we are able to provide free of charge a consultation service where we will:
- Carefully examine the issues that have prompted you to consider the purchase of CCTV
- Explain the requirements of the Data Protection Act. There are now 62 legal obligations that most CCTV systems have to comply with. Many of these should be incorporated into any professionally produced system but there are a number of issues that you will need to be aware of prior to the design of the system.
- Cover the Home Office Requirements for CCTV systems. If these requirements are not met the police will be unable to use images from your system in court evidence. The police have stated that at least 75% of images they take from crime scenes do not meet this criterion. Be careful! The majority of organisations that have CCTV installed find they have wasted their money when it comes to providing the police with evidence.
- Discuss different types of equipment (recording by Hard Disk Recorder or VCR, Static or Pan Tilt and Zoom Cameras, stand-alone CCTV or a system on your computer network, etc.) so that you can make an intelligent choice as to what best suits your needs.
- Make sure that you are aware of the limitations of CCTV.
- Conduct a complete survey of the areas you wish to protect.
- Produce a complete specification and costs.
Please contact us if you would like us to help you design a CCTV System.
Also see our Obtaining Competing Quotations section.
Should you require specialist consultation services to not only draw up tenders but also independently assess them and evaluate the installation we suggest that you refer to Safeguard Security Consultants. (Their services would be chargeable)
Please contact us if you would like details of our Partner Companies.