Wide Area High Resolution Surveillance
Logipix system is an IP based CCTV system which was created to satisfy the highest technology requirements in IP surveillance. Based on the I. and II. generation of Logipix cameras, similarly priced to good quality analogue cameras, the Logipix system provides video recording and display solutions wherein hundreds or even thousands of Logipix cameras can be integrated into one CCTV system.
Over the last few years the 10 or more megapixel IP cameras appeared on the security market and brought with it many technical issues. The most prominent, being the fact that it is impossible to build up the whole security system using only multi-megapixel cameras. Our company had the vision to solve this problem.
Logipix is a complex IP surveillance system with multi-megapixel camera family, network video recorder and self-developed control centre software.
9 and 15 Megapixel sensors of Logipix cameras allow the user to observe a much larger area than that of analogue devices or even traditional megapixel cameras provide. These extremely detailed and sharp images are generating an enormous amount of data. The question is relevant, what network bandwidth can serve this huge data flow. The answer not lies on bandwidth increase, but on decrease of the size of the transmitted effective amount of data.
The Logipix system, including the cameras, the network video recorders and monitoring software, use JPEG2000 for video compression which is exceptionally better than any other solution currently in video surveillance. Utilizing the unique embedded multi-stream of JPEG2000, the Logipix system allows the transmission of multi-megapixel information in the same bandwidth as analogue systems.
What makes our product innovative and different from similar products? The JPEG2000 compression standard used by the Logipix system was developed for high resolution pictures, scalability is one of its main features. This means that the picture resolution can be scaled without any complicated transcoding procedure being needed, and allows for the usage of a high resolution surveillance system over a low bandwidth communication channel.
LogiZoom is a self-developed recorder side zoom function, which significantly increases the efficiency of supervision. It allows to send image details of multi-megapixel picture stored in the recorder in high resolution towards the monitoring centre, whilst the rest of the picture is still transmitted in lower resolution.
The LNVR is the high speed network video recorder of Logipix system. It has a built-in 16 channel LPoE router which can handle 16 Logipix 15 MP cameras without any performance reduction. Its storage capacity can be up to 80TB. LNVR has a 1600 Mbit/sec recording speed, which is 4 times faster than that any other NVR can provide. With the built-in LPoE router, VRM fail-safe file system and the built-in UPS, trouble-free recording is ensured.
The monitoring software of the Logipix system: the Control Centre is based on server-client architecture. Due to the Video proxy server, several Control Centres can be run in the system at the same time without excessive overloading of the network.
The Control Centre is able to display visual information of transmitted camera pictures where the original combined resolution can be even greater than 1 Gpixel. The cost of the Control Centre is independent from the number of monitored Logipix cameras.
Considering all of these functions and properties, Logipix system is becoming an outstanding solution for all the challenges of high quality IP surveillance.
The Logipix Network Video Recorder
The LNVR is the enterprise class high speed network video recorder of the Logipix system. It can be easily configured by the Control Centre software of the Logipix system. It has a built-in 16 channel LPoE router which can handle 16 Logipix 15 MP cameras without any performance reduction. Its storage capacity can be up to 80TB. LNVR has 1600 Mbit/sec recording speed, which is 4 times faster than that any other NVR can provide. With the built-in LPoE router, VRM fail-safe file system and the built-in UPS, trouble-free recording is ensured. By the Logi-Zoom function it is possible to send image details of the stored multi-megapixel pictures towards the monitoring centre, whilst the rest of the picture is still transmitted in lower resolution.
- Built-in UPS
- Built-in 16-channel LPoE Router
- 1600 MBit/sec recording speed
- Up to 20 hot-swap SATA HDDs
- Up to 80TB storage capacity
- VRM Fail-safe File system
- Intelligent picture transmission
Benefits of the LNVR
- Box-mount enclosure with 16 channel LPoE router up to 4 HDDs
- Box-mount enclosure with 16 channel LPoE router up to 8 HDDs
- 1U rack-mount enclosure up to 4 SATA HDDs
- 2U rack-mount enclosure up to 8 SATA HDDs
- 4U rack-mount enclosure up to 20 SATA HDDs
- 4U rack-mount enclosure up to 20 SATA HDDs with LED screen
- The LED screen is able to display information of the states of HDDs, cameras, connectors and the inner temperature as well.
The LNVR can be easily integrated into the Logipix system. Logipix cameras can be connected seamlessly to its 16 channel LPoE router, whereby the power supply of the cameras is solved as well. Using Lightning protected LPoE Repeaters the LNVR – Logipix camera distance can be extended to even 300m. For further Logipix camera connections – additional license is required over 16 Logipix cameras – and for communication with the monitoring software, LNVR has two Gigabit ports.
LNVR is able to receive the pictures of 16 pieces of Logipix 15MP cameras at once. It has 1600 Mbit/sec recording speed. With the built in UPS and the connected Battery pack the continuous recording is ensured. If the main power supply is interrupted, the LNVR is further operating from the connected batteries. With 20 HDDs the storage capacity of an LNVR can be up to even 80TB. The device is using VRM fail-safe file-system to record the video stream, which means the frames of the video are stored divided on four HDDs at once. Thus if an HDD has switched off, the recording will be still analyzable.
Intelligent video stream transmission
The Logipix NVR, as any other component of the Logipix system, uses JPEG2000 standard for video compression. Utilizing the embedded multi-stream of the JPEG2000, LNVR is able to transmit images of the requested zoomed area in the appropriate high resolution, whilst the rest of the picture is still transmitted in the original lower, displaying resolution. As the zoom value increases, so does the quality of the transmitted, zoomed area.
Possibility to integrate analogue video surveillance system
By connecting Logipix Hybrid Extenders to the LNVR, there is possibility to manage even up to 128 analogue cameras with a single network video recorder. Logipix and analogue cameras can be used simultaneously as well.
- Built-in managed UPS
- Internal batteries 2 x 12V / 12Ah (Box-mount design)
- External batteries 4 x 12V / 20Ah (Rack-mount design)
- Backup battery time depending on the number of the connected cameras: 3 to 9 hours
- Linux operating system
- 2.7 GHz CPU
- Disk-less operation
- Two level watchdog
- LPoE Ethernet Router
- 16 port 100 Mbit for directly connected Logipix cameras
- 1 port 1000 Mbit / optical for remote cameras
- 1 port 1000 Mbit / optical for remote monitoring
- LPoE Ethernet Repeater
- NVR - Logipix distance up to 300 m using 2 repeaters
- Up to 20 hot-swap SATA HDDs
- Up to 32TB storage capacity (Box-mount design)
- Up to 80TB storage capacity (Rack-mount design)
- Up to 1600 MBit/sec recording speed
- VRM Fail-safe File system
- Instant start up
- Fast picture search
- Built-in RAID function
- Minimized HDD-head movement
- Maximized HDD lifetime
- Video compression
- JPEG2000 - ideal for multi-megapixel video stream
- 1/3 image size compared to standard JPEG
- Scalable quality and resolution
- Fast image preview in lower resolution
Multi-megapixel camera for security applications at the price of analogue cameras
- Based on 15 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- 36 times higher resolution
- Good low light performance
- Multi-resolution recording technology
- Wavelet compression – JPEG2000
- Extra wide dynamic range
- Auto back focus – always sharp image
- SATA interface, up to 1 TB 2.5” HDD, integrated NVR functions
- Part number: LPIX15-01
- Application field: Multi-megapixel IP camera for indoor or normal light
- Resolution: 4608(H) x 3264(V)
- Frame rate: 5 fps at 15 MP, 10 fps at 7 MP, 25 fps at 2.2 MP, 50 fps at CIF
- Video compression: JPEG2000 - Wavelet
- Image sensor: ½-inch colour 15 Megapixel CMOS
- Scanning system: Progressive, no interlaced scanning
- Shutter type: Electronic rolling shutter (ERS)
- Shutter speed: 1/10 – 1/1 000 000 s, 1/1 s low shutter mode, blur or noise priority
- Sensitivity: 0.2 lux F1.4
- Gain control: Fix, auto, blur or noise priority
- Backlight compensation: Whole picture or any area selectable
- Lens: Standard C/CS mount DC auto/manual iris lens
- In/outputs: 2 programmable in- or outputs
- Sound in/output: Built-in microphone, external 24 kHz / 16bit
- Intelligent: Integrated motion detection
- Ethernet: 100 Mbit / Low Voltage Power over Ethernet (LPoE)
- Optional Local storage: SATA interface for up to 3 TB HDD
- Local storage powering: Up to 1 TB 2.5” HDD
- Dimensions: 50 x 50 x 50 mm without lens
- Weight: 250g
- Operating temperature: -20 °C to +50 °C (-4 °F to +122 °F)
- Storage temperature: -25 °C to +70 °C (-13 °F to +158 °F)
- Supplied voltage: LPoE or 8-24 VDC
- Power consumption: 3.7 W
100 Megapixel Panoramic IP Camera
The latest development is the Logipix Day/Night 15 Megapixel Auto Back Focus Security Camera with SATA interface. The device, which can take more than 100-megapixel pictures, is built up from these cameras.
This device consists of nine Logipix Day/Night 15 Megapixel Auto Back Focus Security Cameras, the images of which are integrated into one high resolution panorama image. The cameras are located at an angel of 40° to each other, so the total 360° area can be observed. The frame rate is 5 fps. As in case of all the other products of the STP Ltd, the 100 megapixel panoramic camera uses JPEG2000 compression procedure as well.
The high resolution panorama image is ideal in areas, where large areas must be simultaneously and continuously monitored. The surveillance work is assisted by the Logi-Zoom function optimized to small bandwidth. This function allows only the detailed images to be displayed at full resolution on the control centre, while the other parts of the image are displayed in low resolution.
In the Video monitor menu point of the Control Centre the integrated image of the nine 15-megapixel Logipix cameras can be seen, so the maximum resolution of this image is 135 megapixel. The detailed, digital zoomed images can be displayed on the bottom of the window, while the whole panorama image can be seen in the control centre in lower resolution in its real time.